Sunday 22 May 2011

Teddy Bear Death

I am an evil person. I have suffocated my teddy bears to death.

During the packing process I stumbled across my biggest dilemma.. what do I do with all my teddy bears I have brought with me?! Each has a meaning and each was given to me by a special person for a special occasion. For example I have Greg! He is 26 this year and my first bear. He has a bow tie and his brown skinfur-fluff has been dyed by the sun. And then there is Billy! Bought by the ex for my 21st and the hippest with his Sketchers and sunglasses. And Cappy - a bear bought by everyone on my team at Capstone.

Their fate was dependant on my neurosis. When I was a kid I would sleep on the very edge of my bed so that each of my teddies could have their feet under the covers.. I didn't want them to get cold. They were also all married to a fellow teddy bear and the smaller ones were the biggers ones babies. My teddy bears were and still are very important. I felt guilty putting them in a bagin the wardrobe.

So.. the dilemma. Could I really vacuum pack them when it clearly means I will deprive them of oxygen?? Could I live with the horror of knowing I had crushed their stuffed with fluff skulls?!?! The only other option though was having them loose in a ciggy smoke filled house... that would not do.

I packed them slowly and lovingly into the giant vacuum bag. Emily my housemate watched from the doorway.. grinning rather too menicingly for my liking.. I zipped the bag, patted it a few times and let out a sigh. I picked up the nozzle and switched the hoover on. It was quick. It was mortifying. It was done.

Cappy was the flattest I had ever seen him. Billy's boots were poking out against the tight plastic sack of no air. Greg looked lost :(

I have put them in a stasis like deathly silence. I'm sorry bears. Mumma loves you :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment