Friday 10 May 2013

The Car Dilemma

Good evening - I'm having a dilemma. The car test is scarily soon and I am looking at buying my very first car the day I pass... if I pass!!! But what sort of car should I get? Here are the options...

The One Year Car

  • Cheap (£500) run around that will last a year. 
  • Tax £120ish
  • Insurance £1200ish
  • Not that big a deal if I prang it because I will just scrap it therefore keeping NCB

The Four Year Car

  • Costs £2000 and will last 4 years
  • Tax £35
  • Insurance £1000ish
  • Could be a bit of an arse if I prang it because I will have to get it fixed, so will lose NCB
Overall, if I have no accidents what so ever then the 4 year car is much cheaper in the long run. And it would be so much nicer to drive a newer car. But equally it could be very expensive insurance wise if I do prang it. 

What should I do based on your experiences???

1 comment: