Wednesday 8 May 2013

Fastest Promotion Ever??

Hello you! Thanks for coming to have a nosey. Since the last update not toooo much has happened really. I did the Below The Line challenge for a week and it was really hard actually. If I hadn't spent £11 in order to then do per servings, I am absolutely sure I would have starved (read about it here).

I have also submitted my first assignment in human biology :D awaiting results.. fingers crossed for a merit.

I am 22 days away from taking my driving test and yes, I am absolutely fucking bricking it. Fingers crossed because I have seen a car I want up the road.

I have also had an allergic reaction to the pink in my tattoo! My whole cherry blossom area of my tattoo is on fire and so itchy. Luckily the swelling has gone down today but it's still really itchy where the rash is.

But anyway you didn't come to read that did you :D You came to find out how I was promoted in the quickest time ever didn't you!? Well it went like this....

I was invited to an open interview today for a big company to be a support worker. I figured that I probably wouldn't get it but it would be good experience to interview again and do it right this time!! I waited TWO AND A HALF HOURS!!!! to be seen.. I was getting very impatient and thinking about the bar in the other room (again it was held in a hotel) when this bloke from Nigera walked in. We spoke for a good hour on the politics, religion and economic crisis of his country. He was an absolute gent and it was such a pleasure to have met him. Our conversation was interrupted when FINALLY it was my turn to be interviewed.

Taking a seat without attempting to shake anyones hand so as to avoid potential awkwardness of last time, I was asked some general questions. All answered wellish then it came to specific care questions.. and I had to answer all of them with "errr... no.. sorry no I have no idea who CQC are and no I have never done a care plan".

Sitting back at the last question pretty content that I wouldn't get the job but that I had some good stuff to go home and research, the girls interviewing me looked each other, nodded and said "OK great thanks for that. You've got the job so if you could just fill in this form please". GOB SMACKED!!!!!!! I was mega flustered and just sort of said "oh ok, alright.. ok... what?!". I began filling in the form when the two girls left the room.

I was alone for about 40 seconds when this other woman comes in. She was Scottish and looked very professional. I paid no attention to her. Didn't even say hello because I thought she was hotel staff!! I heard her sift through some papers when she said "it's Sarah isn't it?"

Startled that she knew my name.. and to be honest slightly panicked that perhaps this was Craig's ex who had somehow found out and had tracked me down, I looked up and nervously said "yes...?" she sat down in front of me and said "we're not going to offer you the support worker role". I was disheartened and a little bit peeved seen as I was just given the job!!!! But before I could say anything she said "the girls think you are too good for the role so I am now offering you the senior support workers role. You will be responsible for care plans, risk assessment and the other support workers. Is that ok?"

50 seconds had gone past I was promoted!!! FOR NO REASON!??!!??!! I am in absolute shock!!!! I got a pay rise too haha!! I start in July after I get all my training done and my NVQs. I can't believe it!! And it a new centre too! So not walking into an established place.. new team with a new leader lol. Absolutely MENTAL!

But there you go, that's my news :D

No comments:

Post a Comment