Sunday 12 May 2013

Choosing To Be Selfish Over a Family

Good afternoon Sunday readers. How was your day? What did Sunday do for you?

I've been thinking, as is Sunday tradition. Do you realise just HOW MUCH there is to see and do in this world??? There is Africa, Canada, America, South America, Asia, Middle East, the Northern Lights, the pyramids, Europe, the Maldives.....

How will I find time to see all these things, have a career and have a family?? The only solution I can see is not have a family... And whilst I get my broody moments I think a selfish life as a backpacker is the one I want.

I don't want to be a mum at 45. But I don't want to be a mum now or the next 5 years with so much she wants to do but can't anymore. I don't want to resent my child.

It might be a very short blog.. but it was a very difficult one to write. And the same time almost a relief that I think I have made my choice. See you soon Africa...........


No comments:

Post a Comment