Sunday 17 February 2013

Progression

Well hey there folks - I'm watching a film called "My Dog Skip" purely because Malcolm in the Middle boy is on it when he was all tiny and mega cutesy, and Kevin Bacon who looks so freakin' sexy it's almost unbearable! The film itself it absolutely terrible.And this was a rather long winded explanation of how I wanted you to pronounce in your heads "well hey there folks" - it's southern American based film you see... Anyway...

Things in my life have progressed! Since the last rather sweary update, I have found a setting on the oven that isn't "burn to ash in 4 minutes" and have successful produced cakes and sugar biscuits which I have sold for a rather impressive £18.00 of donations in one week. Go Cake Fighting Cancer!!! (even if it does mean bringing on potential heart failure.. there is an awful amount of butter in my cakes :-/... win some lose some?)

In addition to perfectly cooked cakes, I ladies and gentlemen have only bloody well gone and started learning to drive again! *people reading dive behind sofas and protectively cover the heads of their children* I had my first free assessment lesson today and quite frankly with no exaggeration, I full on crapped myself (I was on the loo thankfully) but it turned out ok! I haven't driven a car for 7 years and I reckon I did alright. MOST DEFINITELY rusty and will need some work but that's what driving lessons are for right! I have figured out that I don't listen when I'm concentrating and I struggle really badly with knowing which is left and right any because of the dyslexia, so couple those things together and you have me slowing down at a roundabout in the wrong lane with the indicator going the right direction but the instructor going "left leeffftttt!" as I'm cruising right and then panicking and driving over the roundabout itself. It happened twice lol.. woops..

But it's something I have to get right and get done if I want to be a midwife. Which brings me onto progression part two... some universities want to see recent study. Well recent study they shall have! I am taking an A Level in Biology online! https://www.stonebridge.uk.com/course/biology-a-level for £385. Yes it's expensive but it gets what I need and makes me really knuckle down. I haven't purchased it yet because I want to explore a couple more options see if I can actually get it cheaper but so far, that's looking like my best bet.

In other news, Qatar Airways should hopefully finally be paying me my £280 back which was the refund for a flight I cancelled in SEPTEMBER!! After getting the CAA involved, they finally replied and have finally accepted that they owe me the money. I have however asked for £500 as compensation for their complete and utter frigging awfulness. So if I get the full refund back then that pays for the course and some driving lessons - yay!

Speaking of money, Kev is paying me back too!!! All £1725 :D :D yaaay!! I have also moved teams in work which means I am more likely to achieve a bonus each month which will be very handy - a couple of extra hundred for the next 3 months will pay for the driving course itself if I do intensive so mega fingers crossed. for that.

What else... nearly reach my target for sponsorship so if you would like to help then please spare a copper or £20 to http://www.justgiving.com/bearclimbshills - every £20 is an hours worth of nursing :) you can also text me if you want; Text BEAR91 £ << and then your donation amount to 70070..and by spare a copper.. if you want to take that literally and send me a uniformed police man, please feel free! Make sure he brings his baton and handcuffs...

And I think that's it! It's all go, I'm feeling quite motivated and I will now embark on making some lemon and chocolate cup cakes :D See you all when I have more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment