Thursday 28 July 2011

Kanchanaburi: Temples, Temples and More Temples. Oh and a Full Back Tattoo..

.. which HURT. But is pretty impressive. Unfortunately though I don't like it lol. Well I sort of do because everyone else says it's amazing and I like the attention being the egotistical person I am.. but overall.. it isn't what I asked for even one little bit. It is an angry tiger with two butterflies and a cherry blossom tree.. what I asked for was a playful tiger chasing just the one butterfly up my spine with no tree but after he spent so much time free handing it on, I kind of felt obliged to just have it tattooed on anyway :-/

But apparently it is beautiful and whilst the tiger isn't chasing the butterfly and isn't playful, it is still a cool tiger. However.. the second stage of the tattooing was pretty darn horrific. It started at 2pm and ended around 12.30am after I had drank 3 buckets of gin. And the buckets isn't me exaggerating.. you should Google.. they are actual buckets. And due to buckets there was vomit. So much so the tattooing couldn't continue and I had to go back a weekend later :( Poor Ashling, Steph, Vicky and Tracy had to force me to down liters of water purely to throw it back up, and physically carried me to the tuk tuk home. Apparently says Mark, if I hadn't been there to hold the tuk tuk up it would have fallen down hehe.. I vaguely remember holding onto the side of it for dear life whilst still in a stationary position, breathing very deeply with my eyes closed to stem the flow the spew. Quite embarrassing. A lot of apologising the next day...

I am so crap I can hardly remember at all what else happened.. there was a pool incident which I witnessed from the safety of my balcony.. the more bold of the group jumped in after getting slaughtered and de-dressed poor Mark... that was the whitest arse I have seen since my own in Tunisia when it was contrasting starkly against the horrific sunburn.

The temples were pretty impressive but no where near as awesome amazing as the Bridge of the River Kwai and the history! It turns out my great uncle Raph was a Jap POW who was there helping to build it! The stories behind the bridge are so horrific though.. it's like a morbid curiousity I have, like with the Nazis. We took the train over the bridge and the scenary was stunning. I of course took over 200 pictures (no lies) of pretty much just green rice fields but the pictures simply don't do it justice! The place was fantastic.

If anyone else can think of anything that happened, please comment so I can add it to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment