Friday 25 February 2011

At the flip of a coin..

And at the consultation of my 4 best friends (5 if you count me talking to myself whilst looking at a bottle of Acai Berri vodka.. for vodka is my friend..) at 6.30am this morning I made a HUGE life changing decision. It went something like this...

6.30am - wake up on my own because forgot alarm
6.43am - exit the shower and pull on pants and a bra
6.44am - call Craig. "Craig crisis I don't think I want to go to uni yet!!"
7.00am - call Vicky. "Vicky doesn't it make sense I go travel first and then come back??"
7.13am - call Mum. "O my god mum what do I do???"
7.30am - call Vicky. "you want me to flip a coin?? what is heads? ok, heads travel - OMG IT LANDED ON HEADS SHIT NOW WHAT??! TRAVEL?? Shit ok I need to ring Craig".
7.36am - call Craig. Answerphone. Bastard.
7.37am - call Newton. Answerphone. Cow.
7.40am - call Mum. "decision made!!!"

So.. I logged on to the my emails, emailed the Uni to tell them I wasn't attending my interview today for a place on their midwifery course and logged on to STA Travel. 8.03am - Newton calls.. "WHAT?!" hehe. By 10am I had decided where I wanted to go and when. I spoke to the most gorgeous sounding bloke called Sam and he sorted everything out for me!! So... he I can raise another £7k by July my plans look a bit like this...

29th June fly from Heathrow to Bangkok, viaDubai
30th June arrive in Bangkok and go explore for a few days
3rd July do this tour but the other way around, so leaving Thailand first and ending in Vietnam http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/uk_division_web_live/hs.xsl/tour-detail.htm?provider=23&tourId=AVVL&backto=results&region=AS&country=TH&duration=14-28&budget=medium&page=2
3rd August arrive in Vietnam and make my way over to Cambodia
5th August HOPEFULLY have a place here! http://www.greengeckoproject.org/
25th November travel over from Cambodia to Kular Lumpar
30th November fly to Melbourne!
1st December I am met by a team who will put me up for 7 nights, set me up a bank account and get me an Aussie mobile and set me up with a recruitment agency!
1st March travel around up to Cairnes and back
30th June fly out of Sydney to come home

I need £7k though. I have applied for a £14k loan so that I can put £4k asside for a years worth of repayments and take £10k out with me. I have the following budget:

Flights 1100
Oz Living 4200
Melb Starter 300
Cam to Kul 600
Cam Living 1500
Thai, Vi, Laos 990
Tha Living 280
Mel to Syd 200
Visas 600

So.. yea. That is the current plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment