Sunday 31 August 2014

Attacking Life

I really feel like life has had a really strong, oppressive hold over me lately. Or maybe rather not a hold but more I feel I have been in a box, lying down on my back and the ceiling of the box has been pushing into me. I have tried to push it upwards and off me but it just hasn't budged much, and even when it has it has come back down on me.

It's all to do with work. I feel I have been suffocated by it. I make plans to do things for myself like going for a bike ride, a swim, a session in the gym, making some soup or a nice meal that doesn't mean stabbing some plastic and putting in the microwave.. but there has been NO TIME.

If I'm not IN work then I am taking calls from work. If I am not taking calls then I am writing down all the things I need to do for work when I am back in, or I am doing some distance learning training.

And it's not just work but it's money too. I have a nice car, a nice living room and bedroom which I have recently decorated and I have been on holiday twice this year but it has put my just over £13,200 in debt. Now I am clearing this at say £900 a month which is fantastic but it has only been this month that I have cut up my cards... and it was then my light bulb moment happened and I realised I HAD to start attacking life and taking it back from the ceiling that was crushing me.

I have cut up the credit cards and set a budget that I have absolutely no option but to stick to because I have no credit to fall back on, and I have made it clear to everyone at work.. I AM NOT doing overtime that doesn't suit me.

I work 40 hours a week as the manager of a mental health unit, 5 days a week and I NEED that break. So I am having it. I will swim every morning. I will starting trying to run on my shin splints again every dog walk, I will cycle every evening, I will do my house jobs every Saturday and I will only spend 2 hours on a Sunday organising my to do list for the next week.

Just writing it makes me feel so much free-er and I can feel myself pushing off the ceiling and revealing a window with trees and rose bushes outside it. I can see light!!!!!

I'm going to eat healthily and enjoy my food again. I will stop going up in weight because all I had time for was McDonalds and I will stop getting headaches and being sick because some days I didn't even get chance to go to McDonald's so I just starved.

In ONE YEAR I want to be so happy it's infectious, so healthy people comment on my looks, and debt free!!

IM GOING TO ATTACK THE SHIT OUT OF LIFE!!!! YEEEEHHHAAWWWWW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment