Saturday 22 June 2013

Iceland for New Year anyone?

Hallo hvernig ert pu - that's Icelandic for hello how are you? I have Glasto coming up, then starting a new job on 3rd July, the Three Peaks on 12th July and in the mean time, I have CAB volunteering to do! It's all go.. and I am secretly considering giving up CAB already because I'm not sure how I will fit it in to be honest. And that's because I plan on doing some serious overtime at the new place.. Because I want to go to Iceland for 6 days for New Year.. and it is EXPENSIVE.

I have some serious things to tick off my list - if you have a look at the tab above "Bucket List" you will see I have many things to get done. Iceland is one of them. However, I had not anticipated just HOW expensive it is going to be. BUT I WANT YOU TO COME WITH ME!! So to justify the MASSIVE price tag... which is £1700.. I have itemised what I would do there... Click on the bold word to go to the website for more information...

Train to Manchester Airport - £40 return
Flights with EasyJet - £188 return
Transfers to hostel - £25 return
Hostel - £102 Food for trip - £300
Souvenirs - £100
Whale and Lagoon trip - £70
New Year - £100 (drinks)
Northern Lights trip x 2 - £50
Volcano hike - £200
Glacier hike - £122
Musher with huskies for the day - £238
Brewery tour - £25

So what do you think??? Want to come with me and do some stuff that you might not ever get to do again??!!The volcano hike sounds AMAZING. You get to climb INSIDE a volcano!!!!! And as for the musher experience, you spend a day learning how to control the dogs and then take them out for a ride into the Icelandic countryside :D

I am almost SURE I am going to do it, especially if I get compensation from Commonwealth bank so please come with me.. trip of a life time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment