Tuesday 1 January 2013

What a Year 2012 was


Heya! This might not be the best blog in the world because I am totally distracted by the baby snoring and Mary Poppins. She looks so cute asleep... so does the baby....
Well what a completely insane year 2012 was eh. I went to the opening of the F1 in Melbourne and met my ultimate hero Jenson Button, I stood on a boat as two baby whales jumped out and played along side it, I snorkelled on the Great Barrier reef where a giant sea turtle came to swim under my legs, I went to Uluru both at sunset and at sunrise and travelled more than 48 hours on a train to get from Adelaide to Darwin. I saw St Kilda win a match at the MCG on my last day in Australia, I saw Andy Murray play Novak Djokovic in a thrilling 4.5 hour match in the Rod Laver arena, I swam in Lake McKenzie, saw crocodiles jump out the water at us to eat something, swan in the ocean with deadly box jelly fish and survived, surfed with dolphins in Byron Bay, went fishing for the first time and raced a pod of dolphins in the speed boat we took out, attempted to bungee jump, skydived and took a helicopter up to Franz Jospeh glaciar and hiked it for 4 hours where I  weaved in and out of ice caves before taking a thermically heated swim in rock pools. 

I saw the fireworks at the stroke of midnight shoot off the Sydney Harbour bridge and Sydney Opera House, I did a handstand opposite the Taj Mahal, I stood just one foot away from where Ghandi was shot and killed, I got parasites that nearly killed me, I climbed the Himalayas, I had a Fergburger! I played and spectacularly crashed on a luge in Rotarura, I zorbed twice, stood in a waterfall in Milford Sound during a storm, hiked to the top of Kings Canyon at 5am to see sunrise, saw my NZ family, stroked a wild dingo (don't do that, it was a very dangerous idea).. I did LOADS!!!

It was completely and utterly the most amazing year of my life. And this is why 2013 scares me to death. How is it possible to top that??? I'm so scared....

Resolutions. I will have to keep myself busy with them I guess...

Last Years Resolutions taken from last years blog....
  1. Must learn to knit - oops...
  2. Sky dive. It's been on here too many times so its being done! - DID IT!!!!
  3. Go to the F1 - DID IT!!!!
  4. Try an oyster... Sickening - No I can't do it, it's just too gross
  5. Relearn French - I was too busy. But I have learnt to like Spanish
  6. Learn and get a motorbike. This one is important - ah yes. I didn't get time to do this.
  7. Be home for Christmas - achieved!!
  8. Learn to fish.- done!
This years Resolutions
  1. Learn to knit - it has to be done this year otherwise the world will implode. And mum bought me a starter kit. YAY!
  2. Buy a house
  3. Go to watch Man U at Old Trafford
  4. Learn conversational Spanish
  5. Go to Scotland
  6. Go to Glasto
  7. Doubtful but ambition is go spend 2 weeks in Egypt
  8. Compete in the 3 peak challenge 
I think this is a reasonable set do you agree? What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment