Saturday 14 January 2012

Gym. Fat. Alcohol.

Eurgh. So I've been going to the gym loads except for the last 2 weeks since Xmas. And I thought I had lost at least some weight due to better fitting clothes.

The answer today from my free personal trainer though was a great big rather self confidence deflating no. No Rowlands you are still 100% a fat fudge. And I blame the calories in cider whole heartedly. I need them out of my house and out of my life. But when there are parties to host this simply isn't an option.

My free training session went ok though. I was terribly afraid it wasn't going to. You know when you have those irrational fears that this trainer guy is going to unutterably gorgeous and he's going to make you do a sit up on a full stomach of last nights pizza gas and will explode in his face on the way up from a crunch, rocketing him into the treadmill behind him? Or he will make you do squats and your pants will split with an ear deafening rip, amplifying just how fat your arse is and really bedding in the hugely unlikeliness that Mr Fit will NOT be sleeping with you any time soon.

Well that didn't happen at all!! And if anything I think he was gay and well too old to have a pony tail. He did show me how to roll on a foam roller and he said if it hurts your muscles then it means you have some serious nots in them. Well I almost cried with every roll. My back popped at least 8 times, my hips nearly came out of their sockets and my calf muscles almost ripped themselves out of my skin to escape the torture. I should also apparently get a physio for my curved back and learn to relax my shoulders and use my hips more for lifting. He made me stand in a mirror and look at my appalling back all hunched over. I now have some serious self conscious paranoid issues about it and have walked to the laundrette with my tits out and my arse still at home to make my spine curve more appropriately. I was loading the machine but couldn't see where the clothes were going because my chest was in the way, and I was blocking the door with my sticky out arse so other laundrette patrons couldn't get in. I am now sat typing this with back ache. Joy.

But. I am going to spin class tomorrow for the first time. I have never been to a class before so I'm slightly daunted by it. After that it's a mad swim session now I have goggles. I kept forgetting them and because it's a sea bath, the salt was getting into my eyes so much I looked like I'd been smoking weed for the last 12 years. When it's only been 10.

Yesterday was a good laugh like. I had a lovely late breakfast with Courtney and have discovered the most lovely bakery that serves lovely latte. Lovely lovely lovely. I then went shopping for my Mexican party on Friday and, as my Wycombe pals know, I as usual went over board on the decos. I spent $115 purely on this to decorate the flat with. I haven't even done a food shop. I'm going to suggest people maybe bring something Mexican food like so I can feed them all. Core blimey going back a day, the Origin crew have discovered nacho pizza!!!!

It's literally as it sounds. It's Doritos on a pizza with jalapeƱos, guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Andrew had little faith in its appeal but I knew it would be a winner and my word was I correct. I NEED to make that for the party for sure. Pure genius.

But yes after the shopping I come home to find 5 dubliners on my front room drinking goon. I joined them from 3pm until 9.30pm drinking those dirty calorie filled ciders whilst we played pictionary on the chalk board, before retreating to my room to call people, thus avoiding the carnage that was apparently getting home at 5am and being sick. The kitchen full on REEKs of sick it's not funny.

Good crack though the dubliners. Peter in particular was hilarious and Lucy is just ace! I HAVE to get a pic of the pictionary attempt of taxidermist Andrew did because it's frigging brilliant!!!

Ooh I also went to my first T20 game in Australia. It's so different to ours at home. This one had a mascot, smoke machines, was played under a roof, had flashing lights like a disco... It was so American I felt that I should have been at an American football game. Great atmosphere though. And this week I am off to watch Andy Murray at the Australian open. God I love it here so much. I will miss it with all my heart. 4 years to be away is starting to sound much harder than I thought.

I'm off now to finish the final few pages of my Dan Brown book and put my clothery in the old tumble dryer there. So I will. PUDDIN'!!!!

Catch you next sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment